Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Veal Recipe

Ok, anonymous, here's the recipe for the veal dish I made last night:
  • 1lb veal scallopini
  • 1 C red wine (I used merlot)
  • 1 C beef stock
  • 2 C sliced baby portabello mushrooms
  • 3 TBS butter
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 2 TBS flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large pan combine the wine and beef broth, heat to a simmer on low heat and reduce the liquid by half.
In a frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the veal and quickly sear on both sides, about two minutes.
Remove the veal from the pan and set aside. Heat 2 TBS butter in the pan and saute the mushrooms until tender.
In the large pan with the reduced wine/stock mixture, add 1 TBS butter and 2 TBS flour, heat until bubbling, stirring constantly. The mixture should thicken into a gravy. Add the mushrooms and veal to the gravy, salt and pepper.

I served this with sliced parsley potatoes and steamed spinach. My one kid said that it was the best thing I've ever cooked!

3 comments:

Natazzz said...

You're making me hungry...

I'm too stubborn to follow anyone's recipes, but it does sound very yummy.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Change the recipe any way that you desire, I suspect that it'll still be pretty dang good :) Just make sure that the veal is not over cooked, that's the only caveat. Cree thinks that I should make this dish with lamb next.

Anonymous said...

It's only 9:30 a.m. and my mouth is watering too.

Mmmmmmmm...