Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Randomness

I really should be doing something productive, like posting more of my collection of the curious and really weird on ebay. Maybe later.
For now I'm still thinking about the awful loss the Steelers suffered last night in Denver. And what is up with Faith Hill singing that bizarre Sunday Night Football song? It's set to the tune of Joan Jett's recentish classic, "I Hate Myself For Loving You", but the SNF version lacks all of the self mocking snarkiness. Meaning, it lacks the in your face beauty and spirit of the original and comes across as a lame mashy rip-off with silly football hype lyrics. And I use the term 'lyrics' loosely. Whoever penned those words should be spanked, and not in the fun way. Plus, I thought Ms. Hill had more sense than this! Isn't this the kind of gig Toby Keith would take?

Also, I'm sorry that the Cleveland Indians lost the ALCS. I'm kind of fond of the Tribe by proxy because our own Pittsburgh Pirates are cellar dwellers, so I have to pick somebody else to root for (a non NL team). Since I'd picked up an Indians shirt at the thrift store I figured it was kismet. And now we're stuck with the Red Sox, and I'm so sick of them. Yes, a few years ago I wanted them to win the world series, and now I just want them to slink back into frustration and bitter disappointment and leave the rest of us alone. Like the Cubs.

No comments: