Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reacitvated Pure Evil

Across the street from MK's there is a cut stone retaining wall that supports one of the streets that goes from the south side flats to the south side slopes. The slopes provide an unrivaled view of Pittsburgh (barring a Life Flight ride on a helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital), but some, or most, of the streets are almost unnavigable in winter, being little more than narrow ice covered goat paths winding steeply up from the river valley.
Anyway, the weather has warmed up enough to facilitate the reactivation of the spiders. Peering out from its spider lair burrowed within the unsure mortar, one of its multiple eyes catches the cleansing light of the sun. Die, you evil hearted demon, die!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Gave me the willies for sure! What a coincidence, last night I had a dream that I was bit by a brown recluse, scary.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Charlotte, girl, I HATE spiders. It's why I carry a gun.

drollgirl said...

booga booga! spiders or mice. which are worse? probably rats. but spiders give me the heebie jeebies.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I have a cat, so there's no mouse problem around here. Especially since the dog often eats the cat's food ;)