Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Avoiding Work

Though that is not me in the photo, that is the comp workstation I am at right now. There's more clutter currently littered about than what is represented here. I attract clutter, it's my one true gift. Miss Kitty hates clutter and always eyes my stacks of books/magazines/notebooks with an impulse to straighten. I keep notebooks on everything. I have a recipe notebook, winemaking notebook, poisonous plants (with pictures) notebook, archaeology notebook(s), and then the random catch-all notebooks that I carry around with me in a messenger bag in case I think of something.
Oh! That reminds me: I had a dream the other night where Miss Kitty and I were in High School with Bobby Brady (of the Brady Bunch) and he had a poorly trained pet monkey. When the monkey wasn't engaged in self gratification he was biting people and turning them into zombies (it's a dream, what can I say?). Finally the dream culminated with a big showdown in the HS cafeteria with me and Miss Kitty taking an axe to the monkey and me yelling, "Fuck you and your goddamn monkey, Bobby Brady!" Then I woke up and had to pee. When I told Miss Kitty the dream she just shook her head and said, "That's actually pretty funny!"

No comments: