Thursday, April 9, 2009

Slowly We Turned...

During what will undoubtably be the worst weather week of April in our neck of the woods, MK and I celebrated our anniversary in Niagara Falls. It was scary at times folks. Mostly the drive up was scary because it snowed off and sometimes really ON from Pittsburgh to Buffalo. And though we froze our asses off in the wind and mist at the falls, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. MK loves history, both manmade and natural, and this area can facilitate both. The cultural aspects aint too shabby either.
We were kept really busy doing stuff and eating, and walking for miles and miles to accomplish said things.
All in all it was a great trip! Also, I have to thank everyone for the well wishes and kind words on our anniversary :) I cling to this woman like grim death...
Here we see the remnants of the ice arcing up to meet the American Falls. Photo by MK.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

sounds like it was just perfect. yay! i am happy for you both!

TheWeyrd1 said...

I did the Niagra thing TWICE...once when I was about 12 while traveling by car up to Ontario (I think) and again when I was 16 as part of a windjammer trip (sailboat cruise). Of course, I lived in Ohio at the time. So that part of Canada is the popular vacation destination...or at least it was.