Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

After it was all said and done, and the Steelers had won their sixth Super Bowl, I just wanted to collapse. I wanted to enter into a vegetative state and relax with an hour long episode of The Office. But no. The Pittsburgh NBC affiliate, WPXI, opted to fore go airing the funniest episode of the year (I caught it on hulu this morning) and instead aired live feed of people going crazy in the streets. Celebrating, I think it's called. Yes, I know, we won, we're all deliriously happy and drunk. We're shutting down the city streets and setting cars on fire. We couldn't be more giddy if they put demerol in the drinking water!
But, and I love the Steelers, that game was emotionally draining! We almost blew it in the fourth quarter. My heart almost stopped when the Cards took the lead. Oh, and I don't want to have to tell you how ugly it got at my brother's super bowl party. The lowlights consist of him throwing our sister and her dumbass boyfriend out. I should've left too, but you see, the difference between me and them is that I hold out hope. Call me a starry-eyed dreamer, but I believed that Ben could bring us back from the edge of despair and bathe us in the shimmering light of boundless joy. And you know what? I was right, goddamn it!
Anyway, I desperately wanted to unwind with The Office. Curl up on the couch with the dog and giggle like a school girl at Angela tossing her cat to Oscar in the ceiling...If you haven't seen the episode, go now and do so. GO! NOW!
Congratulations, Steelers! Big Ben and all the rest, we love you like how a mental patient loves crazy!

No comments: