Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pissed Red Redux


It's that time again boys and girls! MK and I will be bottling another batch of delicious wine! After that I'm going to throw a bunch of pears in the fermenting tank and make some brandy. All should go well as long as an open flame is kept a safe distance away.
What I love most about making hooch is the unpredictability of the entire process. Explosions, fires, cloudy poison corked up in a bottle...It's a little like being a mad scientist, only without the actual science part. I mean, yeah, sure, I know the science involved in the breakdown of sugar molecules into alcohol and all that, the exciting process of conversion. But, when you're actually making wine it seems less like science and more like, Eureka! We've got rocket fuel! Let's get blasted!

No comments: