I don't know if the writers and producers can sustain this level of believable intrigue for years and years, but so far they've got me in their hip pocket.
Some cool highlights:
- Astrid's mad linguistic skills. I just love a woman interpreting Latin for the masses.
- Sanford Townsend Band's lone hit from 1976 "Smoke From A Distant Fire" playing while Peter and Walter are at the diner. I always loved that song!
- Can Blair Brown be any more chilling? That faux smile of hers makes me want to hug a kitten.
- Cool cranial halo seemingly wired with twinkle lights and pixie dust...and how about that bit with the lost freshman interrupting just as Walter was about to drill into Roy's brain? Great stunt that effectively built the tension even more.
- Anna Torv is the best thing to happen to television since the advent of the remote - or as we say in these parts, the clicker.
- The evil dude purposely stepping back into the path of a transit train that we never even saw coming. Watching this show is like being a roller coaster!