Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Closer

I'm not sure if The Closer is beginning its death spiral, or if they're setting up for some major shit to go down in Brenda's life, because this year so far she's been acting weird and treating Fritz like crap. The show itself is still really well written and acted, but one of things that I love, love, love about this show is the character of Brenda Lee Johnson. Kyra Sedgwick plays her brilliantly. And I mean that. If you lined up a whole bunch of diamonds and had Kyra as Brenda stand next to them, she'd outshine them like the sun does the moon.
But, as much as I adore this show, I have to wonder why we haven't been given the least crumb of resolution from the ep when Brenda totally mislead Fritz on a case and screwed him over royally. We've been left hanging on somebody's petard for the last two weeks! Sure, the ep with Jennifer Coolidge was stellar (loved the bit with 'idiot', 'bigger idiot', and the bit with 'this is very bad for you, but very good for me!'), but c'mon...How much is Fritz supposed to take before he walks? I would've walked after the betrayal of trust thingy. I have severe trust issues that spring from my emotional neediness, so I couldn't even have shrugged that whole thing off if Atlas himself had stepped up and offered to carry my load.
So, either the show is veering off into a horrid direction, or we're being set up for Fritz to take a walk. It's the only two scenarios that make even the least amount of sense.

No comments: