Thursday, January 21, 2016

Peregine Falcon on the Ledge

Photo Credit:  Yarone Zober, Pittsburgh, 2016


Though I'm fairly active on Facebook, I kind of find it vapid.  Not so this morning, when in my feed a friend had shared this photo taken two days ago in a high rise in downtown Pittsburgh.  Peregrines have been nesting on the ledges of Pittsburgh buildings for decades, but seldom have they been photographed as stunningly as in this shot.  Zober is not a professional photographer, and to the best of my knowledge, isn't even an amateur shutterbug.  He was simply at work and because every cell phone has a camera feature - voila!  Of course this draws into focus the changing nature of photography, how anyone and everyone is really a photographer now, a documentor of their world and experience.  And thank God because I wouldn't want to miss seeing a shot as stunning and perfect as this. 

No comments: