Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things To Come







The 2nd annual Living Dead Festival (as in Night of The Living Dead) is slated for October 30 & 31 in Evans City, PA. I saw the flyer for it this morning while we had breakfast at our favorite greasy spoon, Kountry Kitchen, or more simply, KK.
Evans City's link to the movie classic is based on the early scene at the graveyard and the line, "They're coming to get you, Barbara." Yes, yes, they are.
I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but my mother's side of the family is/are (why do I always mess up that form?) all buried at Evans City Cemetery, and sometimes MK and I take the dog there for a walk. It's a pleasant walk about, especially if we visit all of my ancestors graves because the Germans and the Italians are on opposites sides of the grounds from each other. Typical. The Italians have a better view, as it were, perched as they are atop a hill over looking the Connoquenessing Valley. The Germans are all by the maintenance building, so they get mowed first. Even in death, we all have our priorities.
I doubt that we'll attend the festival, I shun heavy make-up gatherings (my pores clog easily, even from foundation 'drift'), but we might drive by, just to say that we were there.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

it actually looks like a lovely cemetery!

and the separate the italians from the germans?!?!? wow. some things are so weird on planet earth. just bizarre!

thank you again for the beautiful and amazing photos. i am in hog heaven!!!!!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

They (the cemetery) don't segregate the Germans from the Italians, my family did it all on their own ;)
So glad that you like the prints!!!!