Monday, August 17, 2009

Pastoral Idiocy And Meaning



I'm feeling all pastoral. I went out to my brother's house and these bales of hay were strewn in the sloping field below where the chokecherries grow. I was out picking chokecherries to flavor the cough syrup I'll be making in the fall. I made juice from them and now that's in the freezer so that it'll keep before I add the bark, whiskey, and honey.
Hopefully I keep my streak of not poisoning anyone with my herbal concoctions going for at least one more year.

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

homemade cough syrup! wow!!! how fab is that?!?!? and it has to be better and safer than nyquil! it has to be!

p.s. love the shot! i am nowhere near any type of country scene out here, and sometimes it is nice to get a view of the other world out there. :)

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Droll, I'm just trying to keep the toxicity level 'low' in my cough syrup. NyQuil doesn't give a damn ;)

Miss Kitty said...

A little toxicity helps you build up a resistance. Iocane powder, anyone?

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I'll Iocane powder you, smarty pants ;)