Thursday, April 17, 2008

Showers


This is not my shower head, although I do have a military issue gas mask that closely resembles the one pictured here.
A few years ago a moderator for an online group I belong to took an unscientific poll of the members to see who pees in the shower. Of course everyone said that they pee in the shower. But that got me to thinking...I don't stand in the toilet, why would I pee in the shower and think nothing of it? And I certainly don't pee if I'm taking a bath. That's just disgusting, sloshing around in my own filth.
So, why is peeing in the shower acceptable, or at least common, behavior? I even have a chick friend who practiced the technique for peeing while standing when she showered (she never mastered it, it's extremely difficult to correctly guide the stream without it just spraying all over the place - at least that's what she claimed. I never tried it myself. I can barely squat outside and not pee on my shoes).
There's just so much to consider in this rich pageant called life. And now I have to take a shower.

7 comments:

Natazzz said...

Oh you never disappoint....Peeing in the shower as a blogpost topic.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I am just waiting for J to post something about toiletpaper. That is a very interesting subject, too.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Y, I don't use toilet paper, so I have no opinion on it ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this post all weekend... I had a fellow house-sitting for me. I hope he proves to be the exception to the peeing-in-the-shower rule. Ew.

Anonymous said...

...a quick follow-up. I'm very concerned. There are dozens of empty MGD cans in my recycling bin...and the toilet seat was down. Time to grab the Lysol disinfectant.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

A fellow? Gypsy, I hate to break this to you, but men do more than pee in the shower.