Tuesday, March 3, 2015

In Like A Lion, And Out Like An Ass

Winter, Still, Life, Pittsburgh 2015


Winter, I give up, you win.  I know that we're only a couple of days into my least favorite month, and that you're supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb. Nonetheless, the last two years you've deviated from that arrangement.  As expected, March '13 & '14 came in like a lion, but then went out like an ass. 
Frankly, I'm exhausted.  All of the shoveling and de-icing has worn me down to a tiny nub.  I'm done.  You can do whatever it is that you're going to do, because, you know, you're weather and March is inherently EVIL, but I'm going to pretend that you don't exist.  The capacity to delude oneself is precious at such times, and I've crossed over into a land that is governed by what I say instead of what actually is.  Reality be damned! 
Sigh.  Make that, bitter sigh.
I have to go and clean off my car so that I can get some work done.

No comments: