Monday, September 14, 2009

My Day

I spent this morning and part of the afternoon with my sister, Junior, and her three grandchildren. The grandchildren are all perfectly charming, enchanting little cherubs, a true blessing on humanity. No, really! We played some games, blew some bubbles, somebody walked around pantless after a successful trip to the potty. All in all more pleasant than usual around a 4 yo, 2 yo and infant. Infants are over-rated anyway. Sure, it's cool to have this tiny person, but let's face it; until you can support your own head, you have little to offer.
I did particularly enjoy my opportunity to boss the toddlers around. Pumice my feet! Light my cigarette! Eat that spider! It was better than making my mom cry over Scrabble.

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

you are so funny!

and the little ones are a bit more fun when they are mobile and have some personality and some sass.

gypsywee said...

Hahaha! Always full of sunshine Ms. Jennifer!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Sunshine AND spiders, gypsy ;)

Phoenix said...

I think toddlers are always better because they seem a little less fragile...fragile things make me nervous.

As for your comment, I whole-heartedly agree with dancing in the attic...now if only I HAD one...

stupid california.