Thursday, June 5, 2008

Top Chef 4.13


I'm in mourning this morning. My favorite contestant and pick to win it all was sent packing last night because of undercooked pigeon peas. And I really didn't have a problem with Lisa until the very last scene in the holding cell after Stephanie and Richard bid Antonia good bye and sat in silent shock...and what did Lisa say (accuse)? "A congratulations would have been nice." You really don't understand other people at all, do you? Antonia, Stephanie, and Richard have worked very closely together in certain important challenges, they are close friends. This has nothing to do with you, Lisa, they're stunned that a valued comrade is departing. It doesn't mean that they felt the wrong person was sent home - although that's my assessment.
I have no idea how Lisa has made it this far. Over half the elimination challenges she's been on the chopping block, her food is always, ALWAYS lacking something, and she's combative when criticized. Eep. Ugly combo if she's going to run her own restaurant.
I hope Stephanie kicks ass in the final finale.

3 comments:

Natazzz said...

I can't believe Lisa's still there!

Maybe we should just accept that how long you last on the show has little to do with how well you cook...

Vince Graves said...

The only reason Lisa is still there is because she has scraped by with other people making mistakes slightly worse than hers. Ugh, if she wins it (by some bizarre chance) I will never watch that show again.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Nat - I'm beginning to wonder how important culinary skills are too, if this is where it all leads.
Vin - If she wins I will turn off my tv and back away slowly, hoping that the mushroom cloud created by this colossal travesty doesn't consume me.