Thursday, June 19, 2008

On Vacation

Tomorrow around dawn MK and I will be leaving on vacation. Yay for the dog being rent out to a kennel and yay for no having to watch my kids' latest entries on Youtube! Yay and double yay!
MK and I are going to take a horseback riding tour of the battlefield at Gettysburg, then we're going to stay at some dive motel outside of Philadelphia and then on our way to Lewes Beach in Delaware we're going to stop at the Mutter Museum, part of the Physicians College at the University of Pennsylvania and ranked one of the creepiest places on Earth by the Travel Channel. Can life get any better than this? Don't answer that. All I know is that I'm all a-tingle because I've been wanting to hit up the Mutter for at least a decade. I'm just never passing through Philly. It's waaaay on the other side of the Alabama between Pittsburgh and New Jersey. We're just never over there because we're busy being over here. But with a trip to DE I told MK that we had to stop at the Mutter, plus MK's grandfather went to Penn (and became a surgeon), so he must've visited the Mutter at some point too. It can't be that scary, can it? One can only hope.
After that we'll be off to the beach for a week of sun, good food, too much wine, and plenty of TMI. Sigh. It's good to be away from phones and computers, and I really love watching nonlocal local news. It's such a relief when somebody else has a water main break, I can't tell you.

3 comments:

Natazzz said...

Have a great holiday! I'm going to miss your posts...

Anonymous said...

What Natazzz said!

Come back safely.

PS: Hi, Natazzz *waves*

Anonymous said...

Haha, can´t even spell ygfa anymore ... telling, isn´t it?