Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pacific Theater War Album

                                  Unfixed
                                   Fixed


Inspired by what Dean Putney did with his great-grandfather's WWI photo album, I asked my brother to dig out our grandfather's WWII photo album.  Grandpa Herbie was a sergeant in the marines, serving in the Pacific.  I hadn't looked at the album in years, probably not since my grandfather died twenty years ago.  I noticed immediately that the photos are beginning to degrade and that we've got to restore each and every one of them (there are hundreds). 
So, that's what I'm thinking of under taking, since my brother, who always is full of good intentions but almost no follow through, because the integrity of the images is only going to further degrade.  If and when I complete the process, I'll start a campaign to get the album published.

No comments: