Monday, November 23, 2009

OBX



A few years ago I took the kids and my mom to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for vacation. Here they are standing on one of the dunes in Kitty Hawk, very near where the Wright brothers first went aloft.
Everyone in this picture has experienced a height change since this was taken. Two have gotten taller and one has shrunk. Still, this is the pic that I have on the front of my personal recipe book. I don't know why, exactly, it's not like I cooked the whole time were gone. It just makes me feel good, I suppose.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Sometimes pictures bring up memories or associations that have nothing to do with the picture. We don't know why we love, or why we hold on to what we hold on to - we just know that it's important to do so.

:)

Anonymous said...

I imagine that to be a wonderfully relaxing vacation. (There's something magical about the ocean... :) )