Thursday, November 5, 2009

Coffee On The Outside



Really cool mural on the side of the Bee Hive, the only decent coffee house on the south side of Pittsburgh. Right across the street from Starbucks. I used to go to the Bee Hive pretty much every Saturday and Sunday morning. MK would be working on lesson plans or trotting off to church, and I'd hole up with the newspaper and a big cup o' joe at the Bee Hive. But then, in a fit of fiscal responsibility, I gave up coffee on the outside. Now I drink instant, at home.

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

This is awesome! I understand cutting back on the Latte Factor due to budget constraints...but it sounds like hanging out at this place made you pretty damn happy.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

We still walk past it all the time. It's almost the same thing ;)

TheWeyrd1 said...

YIKES...not instant! Perhaps you could buy your favorite bean at that shop and brew it at home. SAVES a bunch of money without giving up totally on quality coffee...

drollgirl said...

that mural is COOL!!!!

i used to buy a lot of iced tea, and now i make my own. that probably saves me at least $500 a year!

gypsywee said...

Don't get me started on the instant coffee thing...yuck! BUT, the mural is awesome.

Miss Kitty said...

Now, Gypsy, be fair. You know that Jennifer puts so much cream and sugar in her coffee that she can barely taste the instant anyway.