Monday, November 16, 2009

Best Food City


Montreal #1

My favorite Canadian city is easily Montreal. It's like a wee bit of Europe wed itself to the New World and didn't somehow totally fuck it up. Also, the best food I've eaten anywhere in the world (I'm looking at you Paris and New York) was in Montreal. Just amazing. Amazing! At one restuarant, some side walk bistro, I ordered the ravioli stuffed with rabbit and drizzled with a feta cheese sauce, and I about died when the taste registered. Probably the best single dish I've ever had in my life. The accompanying house wine was atrocious, but I tipped it back anyway.
MK and I have got to go to Montreal one of these days. I haven't been there for a decade and I'd like to refresh the experience in my mind and on my palate again.

3 comments:

drollgirl said...

get yourself and your lady to montreal! it sounds fab!

and the thought of those raviolis is making my mouth water! YUM! paired with good wine they would be even better!

Phoenix said...

Oh my GOD I just about died at the thought of rabbit ravioli with feta cheese.

::Foodgasm::

Never been to Montreal, must add to list of place to eat before I die.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Droll and Phoe - Montreal is a gorgeous city, great architecture, food, history, you name it. Speaking French is a plus, but not necessary, since I was asked by a waiter to quit trying ;)