Sunday, August 23, 2026

New Work For The Gallery

                                                 Bubble Koi Blocks, 2026

 I've been very busy creating new artwork for the gallery, Bottlebrush Gallery of the Arts, which I delivered last week.  And I've been working a lot on writing.  This summer my short story, The Cabinet of Kimber Lee was published by The Writing Disorder, and I have a lot of other stories floating around out there waiting to hear back.  I'll be honest - rejection is really difficult to process.  You can't take it personally, and every writer has been rejected, but it stings unlike anything else I've ever experienced.  When my art is rejected I'm able to let that roll off me, but with writing, that cuts to the core.  

I have to have lunch with my mother tomorrow, so any fragile feelings I have about rejection should somehow be reinforced and validated all in one fell swoop. 

      
 

No comments: