Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Worlds Collide In Stark Contrast

St. Paul's Cathedral Reflected In Carnegie Mellon University's Science Building, Pittsburgh 2019
                                                              "Worlds Collide"

The "Worlds Collide" series is one I've been working on for about five years or so.  I was walking down Fifth Avenue in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh one day and happened to notice the church reflected in the building across the street.  Once I discovered that the building was a CMU science building, the wavering  tension between religion and science became obvious.
Over the years I've revisited the reflection at different times of the year, different times of the day, because of how light plays with the imaging.  It's one of the more popular series that the gallery sells of my work.  I'm preparing new work to take to the gallery next week, and this is one of the prints included.


No comments: