Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Two Gulls In Glasgow

Two Gulls, Glasgow, Scotland, 2018

This shot was taken out of the hotel window, 5th floor,  maybe the 7th floor, I can't recall exactly.  It was our last night in Scotland, the following morning we'd be at the airport by 6am for the flight back to the States.  What I was photographing in this shot was a common scene in both Glasgow and Edinburgh; plants, or trees, taking root in rain gutters or on the windowsills of buildings.  Given the steep price of property, I was surprised that this was allowed, that the owner(s) wouldn't make sure that the vegetation was cleared out because it could undermine the integrity of the structure.  Maybe people can't keep up with the sheer volume of encroaching botanicals.  Who knows.  I do know that I miss Scotland, unlike and more than any other country I've ever been in.


No comments: