Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation...



Look! It's the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in beautiful downtown Jamestown, NY (below)! Yes, Miss Kitty and I spent our vacation on the fringe of civilization in a cabin in the wilderness that is the western NY/PA border. We hiked, we kayaked, we collected fossils along the shoreline of the Kinzua Reservoir (Kinzua Dam, above) (elevation 1332'), and we made a pilgrimage to Jamestown to pay homage to the first lady of comedy, Lucy. Jamestown is Lucy's hometown, and she's buried there in the family plot at Lakeside Cemetery, which we visited.

Apart from the disasterous kayaking trip we took down the Allegheny River (and thereby had to paddle back up) , it was the most relaxing vacation imaginable. No running through airports in my socks because I didn't have time to put my boots back on. Here's a good traveling tip: Avoid wearing steel-toe boots when flying. Live and learn, brave little toaster, live and learn.

No comments: