Friday, June 28, 2019

Foraging For Greens

Lamb's Quarters, Chenopodium berlanieri, Pittsburgh, 2019

Any manner of thoughts can manifest themselves in our dreams and we are a prisoner to their whims.  I had just such a dream last night where I collected wild greens, namely lamb's quarters, and sauteed them with zucchini, broccoli, onion, and fire roast tomatoes in rendered bacon.  All morning after waking I could think of nothing else.  I told my wife about the dream and she perked up, so I headed out to find some lamb's quarters and was not disappointed.  I prepared what I'd collected exactly as I had in the dream, and served it over a bed of organic brown rice.  Quite and ambitious lunch!  But it was wonderful and with fresh produce starting to come in from our garden, we'll be having more of the same.
For nutritional information on lamb's quarters go here:





No comments: