Thursday, September 18, 2014

Best Alias Ever

Actual unadulterated advertisement.  O the humanity.

I belong to a secret society on facebook.  It's a group of women who post and share things that are most unfortunate, otherwise I doubt that I would've seen the above 1950s British ad.  If I had to profile the individual who cooked up this offensive campaign I would venture that he was probably a closeted gay man who harbored a deep horror of the female body while at the same time was insanely jealous of a woman's ability to attract (straight) male attention.  That would be my official guess on this one.
Despite the fact that this advert oozes misogyny like a festering wound, it does provide one of the greatest online identities in the history of the internet:  Mimsy Kipper, a name as brilliant as Anastasia Beaverhausen or Ida Blankenship.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I must tend to my mimsy lest it get kippered.

No comments: